Thursday, July 21, 2011

How should I break in my new Toyota Tacoma?

So I got a new 2011 Toyota Tacoma the other day as my first car. It is the base model, 4X2 2.7 Liter 4 cylinder engine, I know I know to all the haters it sucks because its the base model and not the V6, but thats really all I can ask for in High School, and I am pretty damn lucky to even have a car to drive. But anyway I was wondering how I should break in the engine. The car had 40 miles on it as of this question and I have been driving it pretty conservatively, I have only revved it to 4K once merging onto the freeway, other than that my revs have been at or under 3K. Normally I am an aggresive driver, but I dont want to mess up my enigne by revving it up to redline so early in its life. Basically what I want to know it how long I should wait until I can accelerate hard and how I should drive in that waiting period.

No comments:

Post a Comment